Friday 7 June 2013

PACKING, PACKING, PACKING...



<my travel outfit>

Today, I am writing a list of everything I am to take. 

I think I have almost everything sorted by now: visa (check), new passport (check), first aid kit (yup). A frequent holidayer, my friend Michelle has advised me of all the extra little bits & pieces I should pack, such as a rubber plug - a sink may be great for washing in, but if there's no plug, then I won't be able to handwash my clothes! My parents kindly (thanks mum & dad!) bought me a ticket to the business lounge at Heathrow before I depart, so my airport outfit has to fit certain restrictions: no open-toed shoes or dress above the knees! Will be certain to take full advantage though, necking as much free tea & coffee that I can stomach, & swiping all the free glossies for plane reading :) I'm not the best flyer, & usually have a bloody mary as rite-of-passage. Unfortunately, my flight is at 6.55am, so I think I'll give it a miss this time. Don't want to look like an alcoholic ;)

One thing I'll be reading on the plane is the Dummies Guide to Quickbooks. I'll be assisting Voice Ghana with the software as they've recently implemented it into their systems. I've always found the Dummies guides particularly accessible & I think it will come in handy. Another thing that AFiD recommended was blutac: apparently other versions around the world are really ineffective, so 2 x packs British blutac are also in the bag!

My next post will most likely be Ghana-ground! Wish me luck!


{details of my travel outfit can be found on my other blog, here}

{all photos by me}


ps. the chocolate is for the airport ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment